VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT - Ref 01
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR FULL TIME LONG TERM EXPERT TO ASSIST THE PROJECT TL AND KE TEAM IN BAKU AND THE REGION
Working days: up to 300 man-days
Possible duration: February 2020 – November 2021
Position: Local long term Agri-food Management Expert
Main area of expertise: coordination, organisation and communication of project activities with direct and indirect beneficiaries / stakeholders including Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health, district and regional institutions and multi-/bilateral projects.
The long term expert will work closely with STEs on legislation reviews, domestic food production, nutrition and healthy eating.
Place of work: Baku with missions to the regions
Support Azerbaijani government efforts in the diversification of the economy while promoting balanced and inclusive growth, decreasing regional disparities and improving rural livelihoods, specifically by contributing to business development, investment promotion and employment generation.
General organisation of the Expert
The Expert will work under the overall coordination and supervision of the Project Team Leader / KE1 and in close cooperation with KE2, the project team and the project counterpart Ministry of Economy (MoE) and the Small and Medium Business Development Agency of Azerbaijan (KOB). He / she will also link with other EU / international donor funded projects in Azerbaijan and project stakeholders.
Profile and responsibilities
The Expert has the following tasks and will work with the KE 1 to design, plan, coordinate, support/implement and monitor the following results as per the Project Work Plan:
A: More effective enabling legislation in place for facilitating increased trade in traditional foodstuffs
B: Consumers, including schoolchildren better understanding of domestic food production, nutrition and healthy eating
C: New learning opportunities for young men and women made possible by new curriculum material on traditional food production, nutrition and healthy eating
The Expert will also support the KE team in execution of all project activities in line with the Main Contract and EUD requirements or any approved changes (Components 1, 2 and 3) which will include the preparation and coordination of up to 2 international study tours, cooperation with and supporting STEs and project reporting.
The Expert will have to provide sound experience in a certain number of activities to perform his/her tasks in the project in an adequate and professional manner.
For this reason the expert will have to show the following qualifications:
- university degree in a subject relevant to the tasks like agro-economics, economics, marketing, food management and nutrition or food law and regulations
- An asset: additional certificates related to project framework
- a minimum of 7 years of extensive working experience in agriculture and food sector in Azerbaijan
- Interest to promote domestic food production, nutrition and healthy eating
- Experience in the development projects in the regions of Azerbaijan
- Working experience in EU-funded projects and with EU Key experts and senior short-term consultants in the field
- Experience in coordination and communication, awareness events, promotion/marketing
- Advantage: experience in capacity and institutional development, monitoring and evaluation
- An asset: Experience in food quality policy, development of enabling legislation, new learning opportunities for young men and woman
- Proficiency in oral and written English, Azerbaijani and if possible, in Russian
- Have Communication, presentation and reporting skills
- Proven ability to perform the duties for which he/she will be recruited
- Good experience with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PPP)
- Free to travel within Azerbaijan
- Be available to start work from February 2020
Applicants are requested to send their detailed Curriculum Vitae (EU format) in English (max. 5 pages) with copies of certificates of education and references of relevant working experience.
The applications should be submitted with the subject: 01-Agri-food Management Expert
to the following e-mail address:
Improved Promotion and Marketing of Traditional Food Products EuropeAid/139563/DH/SER/AZ
84, Uzeyir Hajibeyli street
1000 Baku, Azerbajian
The applications will be evaluated, based on the CV’s, and a short list prepared. Those on the shortlist will be invited for interview. The project has a policy of none discrimination and equal opportunities, regardless of age, ethnic origin and gender.
Deadline for submission of applications is: 25th of January 2020 until 16.00 hours.
This Project is funded by the EU as part of the ENPI Programme