VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – Ref 02
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR FULL-TIME LONG TERM EXPERT TO ASSIST KE 2 IN BAKU AND THE REGION
Working days: up to 300 man-days
Possible duration: February 2020 – November 2021
Position: Local long term Value Chain Linkages and Marketing Expert
Main area of expertise: capacity building of local relevant authorities, farmers associations, producer/marketing groups and development of agriculture / food value chains and market opportunities
Place of work: 3 regions (to be determined) and Baku
Support Azerbaijani government efforts in the diversification of the economy while promoting balanced and inclusive growth, decreasing regional disparities and improving rural livelihoods, specifically by contributing to business development, investment promotion and employment generation.
General organisation of the Expert
The Expert will work under the overall coordination and supervision of the Project Team Leader / KE1 and in close cooperation with KE2, the project team and the project counterpart Ministry of Economy (MoE) and the Small and Medium Business Development Agency of Azerbaijan (KOB) to implement the below mentioned activities foreseen in the ToRs. He / she will also link with other EU / international donor funded projects in Azerbaijan and project stakeholders.
Profile and responsibilities
The Expert has the following tasks and will work with the KE 2 to design, plan, implement and monitor the following results as per the Project Work Plan:
- Capacities of relevant authorities and farmers associations are enhanced to better develop and promote national and regional brands and product identities for traditional food products
- Capacities of relevant authorities and farmers associations are enhanced to better understand and develop quality assurance and product certification schemes for traditionally produced agriculture and food products
- Farmer markets and marketing groups trading and commercial/value chain linkages operating effectively and increasing sales of traditional agriculture and food products
- Value chain participants for traditional food products, in at least three pilot regions, better understanding of market opportunities and how to exploit them
The Expert will have to provide sound experience in a certain number of activities to perform his/her tasks in the project in an adequate and professional manner.
For this reason, the expert will have to show the following qualifications:
- University degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Marketing or similar fields
- A minimum of 7 years relevant working experience in Azerbaijan
- A knowledge of agriculture, horticulture and agribusiness situation in Azerbaijan
- Practical working experience with farmers, farmer markets, farmers associations, producer/marketing group and actors of agriculture/horticulture value chains
- Experience in the development projects in the regions of Azerbaijan
- Working experience in EU-funded projects and with EU Key experts and senior short- term consultants in the field
- Experience with regional value chain analysis related to agricultural products, identification of key commodities on the regional level, market research for agricultural products, preparation of feasibility reports
- Experience in formulating concepts/strategies, design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of training programs
- Proficiency in oral and written English, Azerbaijani and if possible, in Russian
- Have presentation skills
- Proven ability to perform the duties for which he/she will be recruited
- Good experience with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PPP)
- Free to travel within Azerbaijan
- Be available to start work from February, 2020
Knowledge, Skill & Ability Requirements:
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Able to produce high quality work under deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Ability to motivate staff for optimum performance
Applicants are requested to send their detailed Curriculum Vitae (EU format) in English (max. 5 pages) with copies of certificates of education and references of relevant working experience.
The applications should be submitted with the subject: 02- Value Chain Linkages and Marketing Expert
to the following e-mail address:
Improved Promotion and Marketing of Traditional Food Products EuropeAid/139563/DH/SER/AZ
84, Uzeyir Hajibeyli street
1000 Baku, Azerbajian
The applications will be evaluated, based on the CV’s, and a short list prepared. Those on the shortlist will be invited for interview. The project has a policy of none discrimination and equal opportunities, regardless of age, ethnic origin and gender.
Deadline for submission of applications is: 25th of January 2019 until 16.00 hours.
This Project is funded by the EU as part of the ENPI Programme