Vacancy Announcement 01/2020
Health Officer (COVID-19), (NOB), TA position
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Purpose for the job:
Under the supervision of the UNICEF Azerbaijan Office and in consultation with relevant government entities, donor organization (USAID) and implementing partners, the staff member is expected to provide professional technical, operational and administrative guidance and support as well as quality assurance to implementation of the PROACT Training project.
The incumbent will work under Health and Nutrition Programme for managing/coordinating the PROACT-Training project including the following:
- Conducting preliminary analysis and assessment to generate evidence in supporting the project design, implementation and monitoring;
- Developing the project operational plan with clear results framework and monitoring indicators;
- Coordinating the project implementation among different stakeholders. Liaising with and keeping local stakeholders informed of the project;
- Coordinating the process of establishing and scheduling of mobile training operations including communicating with the local stakeholders for arranging for attendance of healthcare workers;
- Managing the recruitment of technical expertise for the project;
- Managing all procurement activities and ensure proper supplies on board on time based on the technical requirements
- Overseeing the development of the training curriculum and content; and the maintenance of the training platform;
- Overseeing the development of risk communication messages and related activities;
- Managing all project budget, tracking the budget utilization;
- Monitoring the project implementation progress and project deliverables. Keeping records of all trainings and activities, including risk communication and community events, and ensuring timely reporting (monthly, mid-term and final);
- Coordinating and collaborating with PROACT-Care project officer for joint work-planning and implementation;
- Performing other relevant duties within the context of PROACT-Training project.
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: medicine, nursing, public health, health policy and/or management, health education, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: public health, planning and management, health care, or health emergency/humanitarian preparedness;
- Experience in project management is required;
- Experience in the field of education or training development, management and coordination are required;
- Familiarity with emergency is considered as an asset;
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- project planning and coordination
- report-writing skills (in English)
- excellent communication skills
- leadership skills
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani languages.
FOR A FULL JOB PROFILE AND HOW TO APPLY:
Please note that we will not be able to consider your application if it is not linked to the UNICEF e-recruitment system. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
DEADLINE: 20 July 2020, 18:00 (Baku time).
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organisation.