United Aid for Azerbaijan (UAFA), is a leading child welfare NGO working in Azerbaijan since 1998. UAFA staff provide a range of early childhood development services, working in more than 20 regions of Azerbaijan.
UAFA has built up a strong, inclusive program in training and practical service provision for Early Childhood Development. We are currently seeking assistance for two programs:
CHED – Foundation Course for Childhood Health, Education and Social Development
Established in 2019, this course run in partnership between UAFA and Georgetown University, aimed at teaching the core knowledge and skills for people working with children aged 0-7 years in health, education and social welfare sectors. The course is taught in Azerbaijani by a mix of foreign and local specialists. Certification is awarded by Georgetown University.
Early intervention is a system of services that children aged from 0-6 years, with a particular focus on 0-3 years. Early intervention focuses on working with families to help babies and young children to learn the basic and brand-new skills that typically develop during the first years of life.
Supporting the CHED Faculty in translation and interpretation during training courses
- Translating material from english-azerbaijan, Azerbaijan-english (essential)
- Translating material from english-russian, russian-english (preferred)
- Simultaneous/consecutive interpretation during meetings, online trainings and in-person trainings
Assisting the CHED Coordinator on administrative issues
- Summarising training and research material
- Scheduling meetings, keeping written records
- Managing contracts, timesheets and reports
Core skills required:
- Graduated from University of Foreign Languages with specialisation in translation/interpretation
- Computer skills – word processing, spreadsheet, powerpoint etc.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently
This position is ideal for a recent graduate who is interested in specialising in Early Childhood Development field.
Full-time position: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Baku-based but will include some regional trips
Salary: details upon application
Please send your CV and application letter about why this position interests you to email@example.com by 15 August 2020.