"SOS Children's Villages - Azerbaijan" Association was founded in 1999 according to the agreement signed between "SOS Children’s Village International” and Azerbaijan government. The main purpose of the organization is providing family based care to the children deprived from parental care as well as implementation of different activities aimed to provide children social welfare. Currently a number of social and educational projects successfully have being implemented within SOS Children's Villages Baku and Ganja.
“SOS Children’s Villages – Azerbaijan” has been implementing Child Protection Policy based on UN Convention on Child Rights.
We are looking for a committed and skilled professional eager to make a change for children by supporting our work within the project on Optimizing prevention approaches for children reintegrating from orphanages in Azerbaijan funded by the National Institute of Health (NIH) and implemented in partnership with the University of Chicago (USA) for position of
General description of the research project
Following the deinstitutionalization reform aiming to reduce the number of children in institutional care in Azerbaijan, some children are returning home to their biological or extended families. To improve family stability and wellbeing of reunited families, the project will develop, deliver and evaluate the effectiveness of economic and psychosocial interventions (e.g., mental health services, family strengthening and parenting skills group program). The economic intervention will include the Matched Child Savings Accounts, training for families on savings and financial planning, and linkaged to the financial institutions and resources. SOS CV-AZE will implement economic and family strengthening components of the project. SOS CV-AZE will collaborate closely with the National Mental Health Center, which will serve as the research partner and will be responsible for collecting data and delivering mental health services. For more information about the project, please visit this web page
The main mission of the position
Project Manager will be responsible for overall management and reporting of project activities and budget implementation, communication with partners and national agencies. She/
he will coordinate daily activities with the study sites in other cities; will manage a team of intervention facilititators delivering economic and family strengthening services.
Major competency criteria:
- University degree in social work, economics, development studies (or similar fields) or the equivalent in a job-related field is required
- Minimum 3 years working experience in the field of Project Management
- Documented experience in implementation of economic development and/or psycho-social projects with children and families, co-funded by institutional donors
- Good knowledge of relevant local legislation
- Readiness for travel
- Good command of written and spoken Azerbaijani and English
- High level of leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Good narrative and financial reporting skills
- Ability to proactively lead and coordinate staff
- Conceptual and process/analytical thinking abilities
- Ability in the field of controlling quality of processes and M&E
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Good ability of time management and working under high pressure
- General understanding of child and women rights
Preferred additional criteria
- Social skills and the ability to get along with various types of stakeholders
- Pro-active approach
- Experience of working in NGO sector
- Self-motivated, determined, innovative and with a “can do” mentality
- Demonstrated results in successful track record in project management
- Full time employment contract- 5 days; 09:00- 18:00
- Area – Str.137 Nizami, Baku AZ1010 (orientation-Chinese Embassy)
- Gross salary - 2000 AZN
- Project target areas – Baku, Sumgait and Ganja
- Occasion travel to the study sites in Ganja
Challenging assignment in an international NGO working environment where professional and human competence is in the foreground.
Interested? To apply please send your application (letter of motivation and CV) by November, 18, 2022 at the latest, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Manager”.
Please, consider that only most competent shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You can contact us at +994552274725
Note: Job announcements of SOS Azerbaijan are only published in azerweb.az and jobsearch. az websites